Friday, January 8, 2010

Got everyone tucked in for the night....

I had the feed mixed up and ready when David got home. I filled the buckets and had them ready as he fed ea pen. The snow is almost kinda slick now and was really work to walk on. David said it is like walking on bunches of marbles. I came in and sat down. Got back up about an hour later and boy do my legs feel it. I had my leg work out....

I had to put a blanket coat on the donkey. He was shivering. Last night I put a bale of hay in the barn trying to get him to stay in there. Everytime I went out today he would be in there chowing down...but I noticed he was still shivering so went and got out a coat. We had to hold onto him to get it on it but he settled in quick...

My earlier post said we had temps below freezing 4 days. I was wrong. They say they have been below freezing since before the first of the year...I am banking on the sun to shine Sunday. It won't be above freezing but I hope they are right when they tell us the sun will shine...

I am heading to bed. David has banjo lesson in the morning. I think I am going with him. I think we will run to Tractor Supply and get some gates and feed when we get finished...

No comments: